07 February 2015
New College Kickstart 2015 release now available
Bulletproofing your college list gets even easier
We're pleased to announce the availability of College Kickstart 2015 release 1.1. In addition to updated admissions data for 75+ schools, this release features a new and improved MixFixer™ to help you "bulletproof" your college list with ease.
What's a MixFixer?
MixFixer is the fastest and easiest way to set your college list up for success. It kicks in once College Kickstart has graded your list and recommended ways to strengthen it. MixFixer does three things:
- It categorizes. MixFixer automatically categorizes every school in our database into safeties, targets and reaches based on school admission rates and your academic profile.
- It filters. MixFilter provides filters to help you quickly narrow down your choices.
- It corrects. MixFilter helps you take corrective action by adding schools of interest to your list and re-running the analysis. Improve that D- to an A in no time!
This release includes several new filters that you've asked for, in addition to a new special filter that will help you locate "good value" schools:
- Filter by school size. You can now filter schools by the total undergraduate population. Three options are offered: small (<2,500 undergrads), medium (2,500-10,000) and large (10,000+).
- Filter by setting. You can also filter by school setting: rural, suburban and urban.
- Filter by geographical region. You can narrow down schools by geography, including the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, South, Midwest, Mountain and Pacific regions.
- Filter by indebtedness. Is a public school cheaper than a private school? Not always, after you factor in financial aid. One useful way to figure out bang for buck is to find schools that leave you with little debt after graduation. In other words, schools that are either cheap to begin with our schools that are terrific with financial aid and in particular, scholarships/grants. Our new indebtedness filter looks specifically for schools that on average leave those taking financial aid with less than $20,000 of debt at graduation. That's all four years. Check it out, you'll be surprised by the results!
To access MixFixer, run Kickstart and simply click on the Find Safeties, Find Targets or Find Reaches button in the List Check tab.
- Tags: College Kickstart