01 May 2015
Cramming for the AP US History exam (APUSH)
Here's a list of our favorite tips and study guides to prepare you for the APUSH exam:
- apushreview.org. Judging from the feedback, if there's one site you're looking for to cram for the APUSH exam this is it. It's produced by a history teacher named Adam Norris, and contains a blend of practical tips and engaging videos.
- Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History. Here's a neat set of videos that consists of both test tips and study guides for the nine periods covered in the AP exam. Use this for the big picture.
- studynotes.com. Here's a online study guide for the APUSH exam by the folks at Study Notes. It's far more comprehensive, with chapter and topic outlines, vocabulary review, timelines, Supreme Court cases and sample tests. The downside is that it's all text, so brace yourself.
- Essay tips. This guide posted by the Allen Independent School District in Texas gives "to the point" tips for mastering the APUSH long essay and document based question (DBQ).
- quizlet.com. Useful flash cards for reviewing material.
- Tags: AP Exams